A Support Network Made for you: Where You Live Your Best Life
Welcome to the neighborhood
Exquisitely set against the Berkshire foothills and awarded the highest possible rating by The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Noble Horizons is unmatched in the tri-state region. Only one other such community in the eastern New York, western Massachusetts or the western Connecticut region earned a perfect score.
Whether you need respite care (available at reduced rates) or something more, we invite you to experience this one-of-a-kind community we hope you will call home. You will discover private rooms at no extra charge and a nursing team that offers a range of advanced clinical capabilities, including certification in blood draws and IV Push Therapy, which means you remain in the luxury and comfort of your room rather than traveling to the hospital for these services.
Noble Horizons boasts a network of independent living (cottages and the Cobble), intermediate/short term care (Wagner), skilled nursing care (Riga) and memory care (Whitridge).
For those recuperating from surgery, an injury or illness, our well-regarded short-term residential rehab bridges the critical transition between hospital and home. Because we believe that healing happens best in comfortable and relaxing surroundings, we offer spacious rooms with natural light and splendid views. Rehab guests benefit from 24-hour nursing care and daily therapy sessions to restore strength, balance and flexibility so that they can resume their regular routines at home as quickly and safely as possible.
Director of Admissions Linda Castaldi answers your frequently asked questions:
What happens if my money runs out?
No one is ever asked to leave if funds are depleted. We accept CT Medicaid (all residents of Noble Horizons become CT residents) and provide referral information for Medicaid assistance programs.
Who determines when my loved one or i should consider the next level of care?
Our Nurse Wellness Coordinator oversees the health and well-being of Cottage and Cobble residents and will call a family meeting to discuss concerns and reasons to consider a higher level of care. For residents living in Wagner, Riga and Whitridge, regularly scheduled care plan meetings with families provide an opportunity to discuss safety concerns or the need for a higher level of care.
Are there many opportunities for social activities?
Yes! Social opportunities are available every day of the week. At no charge, we offer regular live concerts, educational programs, art classes and exhibits, several exercise and wellness series, speakers, and social get-togethers within Noble and with the larger community. In addition, there are weekly excursions to local restaurants, stores, movies, theater, as well as seasonal outings.
Is transportation to doctor appointments provided?
Yes it is, at no charge. Through our wellness program, Cobble and Cottage residents also enjoy weekly transportation for shopping, the bank and other personal needs.
Are pets allowed?
Yes, pets are welcome in our cottages. Noble is also home to several pets and we frequently host certified canine therapy teams who visit Wagner, Riga, Whitridge and the Cobble.
Are emergency hospital transfer services available?
Yes. Sharon Hospital is the closest hospital and we will swiftly transport you to Sharon ER for any emergency. You may be transferred to another hospital after evaluation if necessary.
What are my dining options?
Meals are included on all levels of care as well as in the Cobble. Cottagers may make reservations to enjoy meals in the Riga dining room which boasts water views and vistas overlooking the Berkshire mountains. Meals may also be ordered for delivery to your cottage.
The advantages of Cobble living:
- CT Medicaid coverage available
- Independent senior living with the ambiance of a fine hotel
- Private room with bathroom
- Wellness coordinator and RN offering the support you need while overseeing your health
- Nurse’s aide 24/7 for support and housekeeping
- Chef-prepared meals three-times daily – no more cooking!
- Free transportation to doctor’s appointments, as well as social and cultural outings
- On-site outpatient PT and OT with free access to fitness center
- Call button in every room to alert the Cobble aide
- Cobble kitchenette shared – with a stove and fully stocked kitchen
- Cobble living room with TV – shared and lovely to sit and socialize
- One-on-one fitness during Covid, free access to the Fitness Center (when not Covid)
- Close to activities in the Community Room
- Library downstairs
- Beautiful views
- Use of bathing suite with whirlpool tub that fills up after you are in it, and a walk-in big shower
- Laundry service for a small fee, or do it yourself in our laundry room down the hall
- Shopping done by our drivers when they go out, or (when not Covid) shopping trips
- Weekly lunches, with social distancing in our Community Room (during Covid)
- Trips out into the community and to social events (when not Covid)
- Large patio / deck is shared to enjoy outside
- Screened-in gazebo just outside of the Cobble